The Bledsoe Building, a 26,000 square foot historic mixed-use project, functions as the primary community anchor for the West Asheville neighborhood and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Offices, diverse retail, apartments, and a restaurant combine to offer a wide range of amenities. The second floor plan is divided into three parts: the north and south bays provide a variety of apartment sizes and plans, and the central bay is composed of offices.
On the first floor, a cooperatively owned food market, a restaurant, and a handful of other businesses, ranging from a DVD rental service to a beauty salon, provide essential services to the community.
The historic structure, built in 1927, was renovated in three separate phases, and utilized historic tax credits in its reconstruction. Original interior doors, transoms, and stair detailing were retained, and all existing windows were refurbished where applicable. Existing tin ceilings were salvaged and repaired in many units to enhance the historic integrity of the project.